Charleston, of course, has an array for great outdoor activities with the beautiful weather here. What about when it rains or when we have the very occasional cold day during our blink of an eye winter. Here are some options:
– Gilliard Auditorium, North Charleston Performing Art Center and Coliseum for concerts and musicals, Charleston Music Hall and more
– Sprouts theater – wonderful children’s interactive theater
– Great movie theaters – including Cinnabarre – which serves food and drink while you watch a film
– Story times – around Low Country area libraries and Barnes and Noble
– Several fun bowling allies
– Family activity centers that features mini golf, race cars and the like for sunny days, but also feature indoor play areas when the sun needs a break
– Children’s Museum of Charleston – features several great interactive rooms for the young set – including a castle, grocery store, shrimp boat and an art room with every supply under the sun, or rain…..
– Aquarium – right on the Cooper River
– Gibbes Museum of Art
– The Charleston Museum – American’s first museum
– Even the many beautiful gardens features house tours, butterfly gardens and conservatories
– Creative Spark and other studios offer art classes for children and adults
– Don’t forget great restaurants, cafes, dessert shops and shopping!
– There is so much more too. Enjoy!